John, Nick (he works for Aerosonde which will fly an unmanned aircraft over Terra Nova Bay in September for one of John's other projects) and myself hiked up Hut Ridge Trail last night. Just past Scott's Hut we could see penguin footprints on the ice. Therefore, I know that they are out and about. Now I just need to catch them at the right time. I am not sure how well the resolution will come out on the web, but here is a picture of the footprints on the ice.
From the top we got a great view of Erebus. It was funny because when Matthew and I hiked this a couple of weekends ago, I did not even know that Erebus was back there. It was too cloudy to see anything. So this was a pleasant surprise at the summit.
We took advantage of the low sun angle to get a good shadow picture from the summit as well.
Back to penguin searching. To be continued....
Melissa,
ReplyDeletePaul and I are having a great time reading about your adventures! The pictures are amazing. I hope you get to see some penguins!
-Kate
Kate and Paul,
ReplyDeleteOh hey! I'm glad to hear that you guys are enjoying the blog, especially since I wasn't able to connect with you before I left the States. Tom and I are hoping to make it to SLC sometime when we both get back. So we'll have to see the new house, dog and climbing wall when we're in town.
Miss ya!
Melis
Hi Mel,
ReplyDeleteWow you look like you are loving life. I am so happy for you and so proud that you are doing what makes you happy. The blog was a great idea. Lots of love. Stefanie P.
Hey Stef,
ReplyDeleteGreat to hear from you!! I hope that you and the girls are doing well. I'll shoot you an email, because we have a lot of catching up to do.
Melis