As part of my job, I study the atmospheric dynamics over the Transantarctic Mountains and the Ross Ice Shelf, Antarctica. I am fortunate to have the opportunity to travel to Antarctica for a third time as part of the automatic weather station project. For this project, a group of four scientists, including myself, will work to install, remove and repair the weather stations around the continent. This blog will outline our activities for approximately the next seven weeks.
Saturday, January 31, 2009
Pegasus North
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Mels,
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing your story with me. It is great to hear from you. Anyway, I have question for you, is there anything like northern lights down there? Looking forward to hear from you soon,
Kia
Kia,
ReplyDeleteIt is good to hear from you! The aurora australis or the southern polar lights are the equivalent of the northern lights for the southern hemisphere. Currently, it is summer and we have 24 hours of daylight, so I have not been able to see this spectacular phenomenon.
Hope you're doing well!
Melis