Thursday, January 22, 2009

AWS in the News

There is a new study out on Antarctica. The study used some of our automated weather stations for its research. It nice to know that what we are doing is useful.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/01/090121144049.htm

3 comments:

  1. Saw this story on BBC World News yesterday and thought of you and the work your're doing Melis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool article - saving the world one weather station at a time. I never even knew they thought it was warming/cooling differently in different spots.

    You ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey guys,

    Thanks for reading up! I did a paper for my climate class this past semester and there has been research done indicating that portions of Antarctica have reacted differently to temperature changes in the past. The one period that is up for debate right now is the Antarctic Cold Reversal. So I think that it will be interesting to see how the community reacts to this paper.

    Melis

    ReplyDelete