Merry Christmas!
I hope that everyone has had a chance to enjoy the holidays with their loved ones. I was fortunate enough to have a wonderful Christmas with my family and friends. Now I am back in Boulder and ready to pack for another trip to Antarctica.
As you can see, the posts from my last trip can found below (after the New Zealand posts). This trip will include similar work on the automatic weather stations (AWS). I am very excited for our planned itinerary for this season. If all goes as planned, we should be spending a couple of weeks at a field camp located at the base of the Transantarctic Mountains and about a week on the icebreaker. Additionally, we are planning to install two new weather stations in the vicinity of the Sabrina AWS that Shelley and I installed in 2009.
I hope that everyone has had a chance to enjoy the holidays with their loved ones. I was fortunate enough to have a wonderful Christmas with my family and friends. Now I am back in Boulder and ready to pack for another trip to Antarctica.
As you can see, the posts from my last trip can found below (after the New Zealand posts). This trip will include similar work on the automatic weather stations (AWS). I am very excited for our planned itinerary for this season. If all goes as planned, we should be spending a couple of weeks at a field camp located at the base of the Transantarctic Mountains and about a week on the icebreaker. Additionally, we are planning to install two new weather stations in the vicinity of the Sabrina AWS that Shelley and I installed in 2009.

This is a picture of the field camp with the Transantarctic Mountains in the background (Photo courtesy of a camp status report).
No comments:
Post a Comment